MJSA (Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America)
MJSA (Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America) members must maintain the highest possible ethical standards. Every member of MJSA must follow the ethical standards, principles, and practices of this association. MJSA members are expected to maintain the highest possible standards, even in cases not specifically addressed by this Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct and Business Practices.
Members of MJSA protect the welfare of their clients by representing their products and services honestly. They will disclose all information and practice the highest possible degree of professionalism.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED THAT: We, members of MJSA, signify our bond to these professional standards through adoption and adherence to the Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct and Business Practices, which represents the guiding principles that govern the conduct of our members.
MJSA Members are committed to maintaining the highest standards of honesty, fairness, professionalism, and services. Our Code of Ethics serves to educate, inspire, and unite our members, and form the basis for specific Rules of Professional Conduct by which all members agree to abide.
- MJSA Members are good corporate citizens. They contribute to the communities in which they operate when formulating corporate policies and management decisions.
- MJSA Members strive to improve their professionalism and expertise at all times.
- MJSA Members conduct their business with honesty, sincerity, truthfulness, and integrity.
- MJSA Members understand that keeping promises and fulfilling commitments to all parties is vital to industry health and trust.
- MJSA Members comply with the letter and intent of all pertinent laws regarding environment and property. Furthermore, they respect the property of others.
- MJSA Members will protect the industry from and inform clients against fraud, misrepresentation, and unethical business practices.
- MJSA Members adhere to the letter and intent of all federal, state, and local laws, including all Federal Trade Commission guidelines and National Institute of Standards & Technology definitions, as they apply to the jewelry industry.
- MJSA Members shall not make statements that they know to be false, misleading, disparaging, or defamatory in regard to a competitor’s or another industry member’s reputation, merchandise, or business practices. Nor shall a member make statements with malice or reckless disregard for veracity or potential to damage another industry member. A member may, however, truthfully state his or her opinion, whether asked or not. Furthermore, the member should make it clear that the statement is an opinion and set forth the opinion’s basis.
- MJSA Members’ merchandise may not be intentionally misrepresented as to its nature, authenticity, and/or origin.
- MJSA Members will not engage in illegal, unethical, false, misleading, or deceptive business practices that are designed to fall within the letter of the law but, in effect, deceive clients or purchasers.
- MJSA Members always fulfill the conditions of their guarantees or service policies, as represented to their customers.
- MJSA Members, when applicable, agree that any product it produces and/or markets will carry its U.S. registered trademark.
- MJSA Members agree not to infringe on the copyrights, patents, or trademarks of any other company.
Independent Jewelers Organization
What is the Independent Jewelers Organization (IJO)?
The Independent Jewelers Organization is an elite group of retailers. Our members are Master IJO Jewelers and are hand-selected for membership in the Independent Jewelers Organization (IJO). IJO is an organization which only accepts jewelers with the highest ethical standards and superior professional integrity. IJO provides marketing and educational opportunities to members worldwide.
As a Master IJO Jeweler, members receive benefits such as expert training, allowing them to update their knowledge, skills, and experience to help their consumers make confident jewelry purchases. Group purchasing power allows each Master IJO Jewelers to pass a significant savings on to their customers, while maintaining the highest quality products they have come to know. And the fact that IJO Jewelers are active members of their communities, means they strive to offer an unsurpassed level of service.
Master IJO Jewelers adhere to an ethical code of conduct, offering the honesty, trust, integrity and “Brilliance You Deserve”® no other jeweler can provide.
IJO members also offer consumers a host of exclusive services.
- Extensive buying opportunities, bringing the top fashions and best prices to their customers. In addition, traveling the world to buy direct from the source and pass on these savings. Buying trips have included, Brazil (Colored Stones), South Africa (Diamonds), Far East (Colored Stones, Jewelry), Italy (Gold Jewelry) and Israel (Diamonds).
- Their ability to buy diamonds directly from the cutters through their offices in the famous city of Antwerp, Belgium, the diamond capital of the world.
- Master IJO Jewelers are full-service jewelers, with knowledgeable staff who will educate and guide consumers through purchases either online or at their store.
- Master IJO Jewelers have the opportunity to attend two trade shows each year, where top-notch jewelry vendors exhibit the latest designs.
IJO provides a family atmosphere and often uses the term “We Are Family”.
Jewelers of America
Jewelers of America is the national trade association for businesses and organizations serving the American fine jewelry marketplace and represents every facet of the jewelry supply chain.
More than a century ago, Jewelers of America was founded by jewelers for jewelers, with a desire to advance the professionalism and ethics of the jewelry industry. Today, as the leading non-profit jewelry association in the United States, we are uniquely positioned to be an advocate for both our members and jewelry consumers.
Our primary purpose is to improve consumer confidence in the jewelry industry. Jewelers of America achieves this mission by:
- Acting as a forum for the analysis and discussion of issues affecting the industry;
- Playing a leadership role in public, government, and industry affairs.
- Advocating professionalism including high ethical, social, and environmental standards;
- Providing timely information to members on issues affecting their businesses.
- Giving members’ access to education servicesin the areas of business management, sales, gemology, product knowledge and technical skills.
- And developing initiatives that will benefit the retail jewelry marketplace.
Jewelers of America members commit annually to a Code of Professional Practices.