Les Olson Jewelers is constantly striving to be top in the jewelry industry. Being members of organizations like the MJSA, Master IJO and GIA demonstrates our commitment to the jewelry industry and ethical buisness practices.
MJSA members must maintain the highest possible ethical standards. Every member of MJSA must follow the ethical standards, principles, and practices of this association. MJSA members are expected to maintain the highest possible standards, even in cases not specifically addressed by this Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct and Business Practices.
Members of MJSA protect the welfare of their clients by representing their products and services honestly. They will disclose all information and practice the highest possible degree of professionalism.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED THAT: We, members of MJSA, signify our bond to these professional standards through adoption and adherence to the Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct and Business Practices, which represents the guiding principles that govern the conduct of our members.
MJSA Members are committed to maintaining the highest standards of honesty, fairness, professionalism, and services. Our Code of Ethics serves to educate, inspire, and unite our members, and form the basis for specific Rules of Professional Conduct by which all members agree to abide.
1. MJSA Members are good corporate citizens. They contribute to the communities in which they operate when formulating corporate policies and management decisions.
2. MJSA Members strive to improve their professionalism and expertise at all times.
3. MJSA Members conduct their business with honesty, sincerity, truthfulness, and integrity.
4. MJSA Members understand that keeping promises and fulfilling commitments to all parties is vital to industry health and trust.
5. MJSA Members comply with the letter and intent of all pertinent laws regarding environment and property. Furthermore, they respect the property of others.
6. MJSA Members will protect the industry from and inform clients against fraud, misrepresentation, and unethical business practices.
7. MJSA Members adhere to the letter and intent of all federal, state, and local laws, including all Federal Trade Commission guidelines and National Institute of Standards & Technology definitions, as they apply to the jewelry industry.
8. MJSA Members shall not make statements that they know to be false, misleading, disparaging, or defamatory in regard to a competitor’s or another industry member’s reputation, merchandise, or business practices. Nor shall a member make statements with malice or reckless disregard for veracity or potential to damage another industry member. A member may, however, truthfully state his or her opinion, whether asked or not. Furthermore, the member should make it clear that the statement is an opinion and set forth the opinion’s basis.
9. MJSA Members’ merchandise may not be intentionally misrepresented as to its nature, authenticity, and/or origin.
10. MJSA Members will not engage in illegal, unethical, false, misleading, or deceptive business practices that are designed to fall within the letter of the law but, in effect, deceive clients or purchasers.
11. MJSA Members always fulfill conditions of their guarantees or service policies, as represented to their customers.
12. MJSA Members, when applicable, agree that any product it produces and/or markets will carry its U.S. registered trademark.
13. MJSA Members agree not to infringe on the copyrights, patents, or trademarks of any other company.
to learn more about the MJSA, visit their website https://mjsa.org/.
IJO is an organization which only accepts jewelers with the highest ethical standards and superior professional integrity. IJO provides marketing and educational opportunities to over 1,000 members worldwide.
As a Master IJO Jeweler, members receive benefits such as expert training, allowing them to update their knowledge, skills and experience to help the consumer make a confident jewelry purchase. Group purchasing power allows Master IJO Jewelers to pass a significant savings on to their customers while maintaining the highest quality products they have come to know. And the fact that IJO Jewelers are active members of their communities means they strive to offer an unsurpassed level of service.
Master IJO Jewelers adhere to an ethical code-of-conduct offering the honesty, trust, integrity and "Brilliance You Deserve"® no other jeweler can provide.
To learn more about Master IJO, visit their website https://www.ijo.com/.
Just because we've been around for 32 years doesnt mean the education stops at Les Olson Jewelers. Continuing education through GIA helps us stay up to date with the industry's latest jewelry techniquiqes and equipment.
To learn more about GIA, visit their website https://www.gia.edu/.