Posted on Sunday, November 15th, 2020 at 1:14 pm by Emily
We’ve been gold buyers at our Palm Harbor jewelry studio for years, but recently we’ve added the option to sell jewelry online from home. With the holiday season quickly coming upon us, now is the optimal time to get some extra cash from your unwanted gold jewelry, coins and bars.
WHY SELL GOLD ONLINE
In this sometimes-chaotic world, it can be difficult or uncomfortable to go into a store. While we still welcome in-person appointments, we wanted to extend the option to sell your gold remotely. So, we created our gold selling kits to streamline and simplify the process for when you want to sell jewelry, gold bars and coins.
There’s the added bonus of selling your gold jewelry to a trusted and reliable source, such as ourselves. We’re a family owned and operated custom jewelry design studio in Palm Harbor, FL and have been in the jewelry business for over 40 years. We consider ourselves the best place to sell jewelry because we always handle jewelry with the utmost care and consideration. Plus, selling gold jewelry is made easy when you work with us.
Above all things, selling gold jewelry, coins and bars to us is secure. We know that it may seem a bit scary to sell your gold via mail, but we assure you our gold buying kits are extremely safe if you follow the proper steps. Every gold buying kit is insured in case a package gets lost, stolen or damaged. If you choose to ship your items through your own carrier and packaging, though, you will assume all liability for the package. As soon as we receive your package, we open it under video surveillance. Everything is meticulously documented to protect you and ourselves.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SELL GOLD JEWELRY
To sell jewelry online you don’t need too many things. First look at and gather the items you want to sell. Next, you’ll need a gold selling kit which is easy to request online or give us a call at our Palm Harbor jewelry studio and we’ll send it to you. Your driver's license or state ID number is required by Florida law when you sell jewelry and gold.
HOW TO SELL YOUR GOLD REMOTELY
One you’ve requested your gold selling kit, you’ve made the first step to selling gold jewelry! Here are all the steps to sell your gold online broken down:
- REQUEST GOLD SELLING KIT: Kickoff the process by requesting the gold selling kit on our website. Request you gold selling kit here: http://gold.lesolsonjewelers.com/les-olson-jewelers/
- GATHER THE GOLD YOU WANT TO SELL: While waiting for your kit, make the thoughtful decision on what gold you’re parting with. Read about weighing your option before selling your gold jewelry in our blog.
- FILL OUT PAPERWORK IN THE GOLD SELLING KIT: Once you’ve received the package, follow all the instructions inside. You’ll need to fill out the paperwork to ensure we follow all the Florida law requirements. You’ll also describe each of the items you are sending us. If you have any important paperwork that would help, such as certifications or authentication papers, please include them.
- TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR GOLD ITEMS: We advise you to take photos of the items you are sending us along with the detailed description of the pieces. We open the package under video surveillance so we can compare the pieces to the photos.
- PUT JEWELRY IN PACKAGE: Once you’ve meticulously documented your gold pieces, slide them into the packaging. The packaging we send you is super discrete and durable!
- SHIP THE GOLD SELLING KIT: You will ship the package via FedEx. Either drop it off at your local FedEx location or schedule an in-home pick up by calling (800) GO-FedEx. Shipping is paid for. If you choose to use a different mail carrier, you assume all liability.
- SELL JEWELRY ONLINE FROM HOME: Once you’ve done all of that then you sit back and wait for us to make you a no-obligation offer! This should come within 24 hours of us receiving your package. If you accidentally send a piece that is not gold, we will let you know and you have the option of having it sent back at no cost to you.
- GET PAID FOR YOUR GOLD: If you accept our offer, you can choose between a check or PayPal. The quickest way to receive your funds is through PayPal. If you prefer to get paid via check, you will receive payment within 2-5 business days, depending on your location.
If you decide you don’t like our offer, we will ship your gold back to you at no cost. We want you to be 100% satisfied with our offer without any pressure. Just one of the reasons we’re the best place to sell gold online!
For more information on how to sell jewelry online, checkout our blog. If you’d like to take the first step to sell jewelry online, request your gold selling kit on our website.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong if you’d feel more comfortable to sell your gold in person. We always welcome selling gold jewelry in person at our Palm Harbor, Florida jewelry studio. We will give you an on-the-spot gold buying offer. We ask that you make an appointment if you have a lot of gold pieces you want to sell in-person. Please feel free to contact us with any questions!