Posted on Friday, May 10th, 2019 at 11:06 am by Pamela
In the early 1990s, Frank Woolworth wanted a one-of-a-kind wedding gift for his daughter. His vision was a jadeite bead bracelet with a ruby-and-diamond clasp. (It later sold for $27.4 million at Sotheby’s.)
Custom-Made Jewelry: It’s All About You
Custom-made jewelry is no longer a luxury only the rich and famous can afford. The last few years, there’s been a growing trend to create one-of-a-kind, custom-made jewelry pieces that express yourself, your life, your love…in unique and valuable wearable art.
Who Loves You, Baby?
Actress and Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is the queen of custom-made jewelry; her designer stackable rings are perfect accessories to her delicate initial necklaces. When the royal couple first began dating, Meghan had a tiny “M” and an “H” suspended on a gold chain around her neck.
Kardashian, Kylie Jenner loves jewelry that features her baby’s name. She has a collection of custom-made rings that cost approximately $600 each.
Wearing your lover’s name on a nameplate necklace leaves no doubt to whom your heart belongs. Model, Gigi Hadid, has had an on-again-off-again relationship with her boyfriend Zayn, so celebrity-watchers know the relationship is “on” when she wears her “Zayn” nameplate necklace.
Say ‘I Love You’ on Mother’s Day With Custom-Made Jewelry
All of us want to remember our beloved parent on Mother’s Day. Today, Moms are celebrating their own motherhood! If “wearing your heart on your sleeve” is an old-timey way to say your love is complete “out there,” then moms all over the world are wearing their hearts on their ring fingers, wrists, and necks. The latest trend is for moms to celebrate their motherhood with custom-made jewelry, usually featuring their children’s names.
Kim Kardashian has a name-brand necklace with her daughter’s name and a custom-made silver choker featuring her son’s name. Shortly after giving birth, a new mother the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) received some “mom jewelry.” It was a gold-plated necklace with a boy-charm engraved with “George.”
Spring 2019 Wearable Art Trends
If you’re like a lot of women, you are wild about the delicate, almost-wispy jewelry fashion that’s been trending. Custom-made bracelets, necklaces, even stackable rings are so gentle and feminine! If WhoWhatWear’s representation of 2019 runway jewelry is correct, get ready for living large with baubles, bangles, and beads:
- Body bracelets – Think of a purse-sling, draped around your shoulder. Then think about no purse at all, just a lovely, long charm bracelet decorating your body. How cool is that? It’s whatever you want it to be! This gift is definitely one with a Wow! factor.
- Colored enamel – Large, brightly colored rings and bracelets and a few styles of knock-down-huge necklaces dominate fashions. But, wait! Women’s and men’s chain jewelry can feature diamonds and other lovely stones for an understated, very attractive look.
- Heavy hoop earrings – Not necessarily circular, but custom-made earrings will be definitely gold/silver, and “fat.”
- Lucky charms – Tiny, colorful fruits or subtle and small charms are another fun spring fashion. Be careful not to overload your charm bracelet; this year, less is more.
- Money, honey – Coin jewelry has made another comeback and it’s fun! You can use a Coco Chanel coin or what about your grandfather’s buffalo nickels? Necklaces, bracelets (wrist/ankle)…anything can be custom-made for Father’s Day 2019.
Custom-Made Jewelry in Palm Harbor
If something is gathering dust in an old box – but it’s too meaningful and valuable to toss – then you should consider having it redesigned as custom-made jewelry for yourself or your loved ones. You can design custom-made jewelry, including custom engagement rings. Yes, you! Imagine how excited he or she will be when that coin or old brooch that has so much significance is reworked into a beautiful, wearable piece of jewelry. Share your custom-made jewelry ideas with Les Olson Jewelers. We can work with your concept to deliver a unique piece of jewelry (And stay within your budget, too). If you live in Palm Harbor or surrounding communities, call 727-785-9624 to learn more about our custom-made jewelry, jewelry repair, and our jewelry store in Palm Harbor today.